/cues grand drumroll/And off we go!
Mini Challenge 1
Answer 4 questions about the books below and tap on your memory skills!
1. In A WANT SO WICKED, what was Elise’s sister’s name?
2. In THE FAULT IN OUR STARS, who did Hazel & Augusts go to meet in Amsterda
3. In PUSHING THE LIMITS, what was the name of Echo’s step-mother?
4. In TWILIGHT, Bella fell in love with whom?
I’m hoping I got the names right! There’s a giveaway from a choice of 6 books so stop by Loretta’s blog some time.
Mini Challenge 2
1. What is your favorite cover that has been revealed this summer and why? Post a link or picture of the cover if you want.
There are so many covers released this summer it’s just so hard to choose! After thinking long and hard…
Sure, this isn’t an exceptionally beautiful cover, but you can never deny how much I’m pining for Requiem! The ending of Pandemonium made me delirious and I’ll be scrambling to get Requiem once it’s out, bet on that! It’s interesting how the “look” of the series changes from evergreen to tropical flowers to the fiery rosebuds in Requiem ;) Now that we see the full face of the model, it’s obvious that Lauren has much much more in store for us! Requiem will be hitting stores March 5th, 2013, you know what to do.
2. Do you rely on the cover to help you choose whether you want to read a book or not?
As much as I’d love to say I’m a fair and impartial person who doesn’t judge a book by its cover… I’m not. The cover means A LOT to me.
I feel that most covers encompass the main ideas of the book and if they catch my eye, score 1 right away! If not… It’s going to take heaps of hard work and persuasion to get me to love the book. Besides, the cover sets the general mood, is it paranormal? Fantasy? Or dystopian? One look at the cover and you’ll know. The cover carries a mental image in my mind, so the moment I think “Twilight!”, an apple pops into my mind. How effectively an author uses his/her cover will then determine how memorable it will be for me :)
In Bailey’s giveaway, you get to choose from a wide range of books from her ARC pile~
Thank you Loretta and Bailey for organizing these mini challenges!
- Finished Fracture by Megan Miranda (52 pages)
- Read Unearthly by Cynthia Hand (108 pages)
- Completed 2 out of 2 mini challenges
- Total pages read: 160 pages
Okay, I’ll admit, I’m fairly slow in my progress today but hey! I was struggling with French conjugasions and awesome half angels at the same time, give me some credit ^-^
There won’t be any reviews while I’m running my Read-a-Thon, but these books are fantastic you can be sure the reviews will be up in no time! For now… Good night and ciao!
/pulls out torch and starts reading under the blanket/
How was YOUR progress today?