April has been a month of so many things– Spring (for some), Birthdays (for some), EXAMS (for some) and April Fools’ Day for all! Here’s a monthly recap of what happened on this blog and in my nerd life for April 2013.
APRIL IN ONE PICTURE
Best Play of My Life ♥
APRIL IN ONE WORD
5 THINGS THAT HAPPENED IN APRIL
1. Theatre SYF Arts Presentation this month and BIG HUGS to all the effort on this long journey– from cast to crew to coaches to seniors, thank you for making Ada’s 14 minute story come to life <3
2. BLOCK TESTS. 4 weeks of test is no joke. AHH!!
3. I’ve started listening to audiobooks! It’s something really new and… having conflicted feelings.
4. I read Just One Day. I read Just One Day. I FREAKING READ JUST ONE DAY!!! *FAINTS*
5. Changed the blog over from Book a World to Summer Next Top Story! I wanted to start the blog afresh and it took me a great deal of self-strangling before finally hitting that “Change Blog Address” button. Here’s Ashley talking about her experience of changing blog name. Sounds scary but it actually doesn’t feel that bad!
POPULAR ON MY EARPHONES
Love Is Like Snowflake by Kim Junsu
三寸天堂 by 严艺丹
Honestly, putting these songs on repeat when I’m trying to sort out crazy stuff is the best remedy ever. Wish I could include english subs for all so you’ll know how beautiful they are but uhh… *coughs* terrible translation skills *coughs*
TOP BOOKS READ IN APRIL
Just One Day by Gayle Forman *SQUEE*
The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa *DOUBLE SQUEE*
FAVOURITE QUOTE FROM APRIL
But he doesn’t stop there. “I think you’re the sort of person who finds money on the ground and waves it in the air and asks if anyone has lost it. I think you cry in movies that aren’t even sad because you have a soft heart, though you don’t let it show. I think you do things that scare you, and that makes you braver than those adrenaline junkies who bungee-jump off bridges.”
— Gayle Forman, Just One Day
WHAT I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO IN MAY
1. Reviving the blog! I have so many awesome books to share and so many thing to ramble on about, so excited!
2. School Holidays, best if they get upgraded to life-long packages.
Do you like the new blog name? What crazy things purged your life in April? New songs? Best books? Most looking forward to…? Tell me!