Even though I couldn’t go to BEA *sobsnifflecry*, May had some of my BEST BEST BEST moments of 2013!! It’s only my first month back at blogging and already, I can feel that bookish passion in the blogosphere. With exams over and holidays around the corner…
What can I say? ;)
MAY IN ONE PICTURE
I’m sorry, I just had to. This was taken on the day of Audition Round for National Science Challenge 2013, thank you Gwyneth for the yummylicious muffins!! <3
MAY IN ONE WORD
5 THINGS THAT HAPPENED IN MAY
1. National Science Challenge!! Seriously, I can’t remember anything else that happened because this competition bonded me with the silliest, smartest, funniest, derpiest team ever.
2. I made my own brookies! They’re like a cross between brownies and cookies, and they’re my new pastry fave (Y)
3. Played Monopoly with my neighbours till past midnight and went to watch The Great Gatsby. You’ll see that the movie is influencing my Popular On My Earphones list!
4. Just last week, I picked up a one-week crash course for Balinese Gamelan, a super noisy Malay percussion, and I found it to be really fun!! (Picture on the right) I took up sign language as well, and now I’m just annoying my parents every day by replying them in hand signs.
5. MY VERY FIRST STARBUCKS. Yeah okay I’m just deprived that way haha it was their latest Red Bean + Green Tea Frappuccino if I’m not wrong. It’s slightly on the expensive side but it tasted great and I’m now a Starbucks fan. WHOOP.
POPULAR ON MY EARPHONES
Over The Love by Florence + The Machine
“Now, there’s green light in my eyes, and my lover on my mind, and I sing from the piano, tear my yellow dress and cry and cry and cry…”
Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Rey
“Will you still love me when I’m no longer young and beautiful?”
好朋友只是朋友 by 郁可唯
TOP BOOKS READ IN MAY
Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris
Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
MOST POPULAR REVIEW THIS MONTH
This is my best debut read so far!
MOST POPULAR 3 BLOG POSTS OVERALL THIS MONTH
1. Top Ten Books Dealing With Tough Subjects— I thought mine was the weirdest list of books, but you guys could relate so well :)
2. Blog Tour Character Interview: Maid of Secrets by Jennifer McGowan— Sophie is such a sweet character, and I was practically jumping around with ecstasy when her psychic powers detect a SECOND BOOK in the Maid of Honour series!!
3. Blog Tour Review: The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston— Having conflicted feelings about this one.
FAVOURITE QUOTE FROM A BOOK I READ IN MAY
Luckily, I always travel with a book, just in case I have to wait on line for Santa, or some such inconvenience.
– David Levithan, Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares
How has your May been? New obsessions? Any new song recs?? Best books you read this month? Great posts I missed on your blog? Tell me! :)